Living Room Accessories
Designing your living room is a great chance for you to explore your creativity and resourcefulness. You may be surprised to know that some of the best accessories to add are well within your budget. You also don’t need to exert a lot of effort trying to find rare pieces since there are so many alternatives to choose from. Here’s a list of the top five.
The More the Merrier
1. Snow globes. Snow globes never go out of season. Even though they might get more popular during the holidays, people can’t seem to get enough of them. Snow globes depict a very warm and cozy feeling that your living room needs. These are very simple items that still connote a sense of elegance and style. You can line them all up on a shelf for viewing purposes.
What’s more interesting about snow globes is that these can be made into collections. Some have carved or printed names of the countries they came from complete with national flags and colors. The miniature designs are also very unique depicting the source well. The clear crystal ball is one of the reasons why snow globes easily compliments other pieces and colors in the room.
2. Aquarium. An aquarium is one attractive décor that never fails to amuse children and adults. You can choose to place a small goldfish bowl or a large tropical aquarium complete with corals, sharks and seaweeds. This is very effective in producing a sense of tranquility and relaxation that every living room needs. Choose the type that you can easily maintain and clean.
3. Painting, sculpture or rug. You may want to invest in a big painting or sculpture which will serve as the main highlight of your living room. Paintings and sculptures make very good topics for conversation and tea parties. You may also choose to frame excellent paintings of artistic family members instead. Place one or two mild halogen spotlights that focus on the pieces. Rugs will also have the same effect especially if you’re planning to invest in imported ones with very eccentric and artistic designs.
4. Chandelier. A huge hanging chandelier is one surefire way to make your living room come to life. Choose the size and design that best fits your living room. Crystal chandeliers provide a very elegant atmosphere perfect for contemporary and modern living rooms. Antique and rustic ones made of iron or brass are great for Victorian and traditional designs.
Other light fixtures are also indispensable accessories that are especially useful in the evening. Wall sconces, table lamps and standalone lamps can be great additions to the room. Learn how to balance light distribution effective. Choose designs and colors that will compliment the overall tone of the living room for a very dramatic effect.
5. Piano. A piano is both aesthetic and functional. It can serve as the single décor of your living room. Choose whether you want a grand piano or a smaller model that you can conveniently place in one area. The color should maintain the integrity of your main theme as well so feel free to experiment between classic black, classic white and other earth tones that wooden pianos have. You can also place a small green plant on top or at the side for added contrast.